In this critical role, you will be responsible for executing BlueChip Energy’s sales strategy. As a member of a growing team, you will work with your peers in our sales and marketing group to identify and expand sales opportunities across our commercial sales channels (mid and large-commercial sales opportunities). You will be responsible for identifying opportunities, selling solar PV solutions to a variety of customer types, developing new relationships and partnerships with distributors, hosting training with installers, and ensuring sales growth goals are met in your area. This position also includes working with financial services companies and work with BlueChip Energy PR/Marketing personnel. This position also includes gathering competitive data to help BlueChip Energy develop products and strategies to grow faster than the market.
- Establish, develop, and manage relationships with solar integrators, distributors, and large scale installers.
- Improve positioning and strengthen overall relationships with existing partners and distributors.
- Execute innovative sales strategies and processes that drive higher levels of growth.
- Provide support to other sales partners on closing deals in your area.
- Generate and develop leads along with qualifying prospects, through cold-calling and other lead generation activities.
- Review, filter, and track new commercial sales opportunities.
- Work with marketing to develop effective product collateral and marketing activities to support sales.
The ideal candidate for this position brings an enthusiasm for saving the environment through our philosophy of sustainability – “clean energy from the sun”. All employees of BlueChip Energy must be able to operate in a fast-paced, high-growth work environment and be able to tolerate ambiguity as we develop processes and operate entrepreneurially to accomplish deliverables. Our employees relish a challenge and look forward to exercising creative freedom to accomplish new tasks.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise developing new accounts, strategic alliances and sales channel partners evidenced by at least 5+ years of experience in outside sales, preference given to candidates with recent experience in the solar PV industry.
- Demonstrated understanding of solar project financing and/or government related incentive programs.
- Strong organization skills detailed and process orientation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives.
- Detailed experience with MS Office suite (e.g., Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook) for analysis, presentation and communication. Must be able to work independently as well as thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment.
- Strong desire to bring best practices to the team, share your knowledge and expertise, and enable your team members’ mutual success as the organization continues to grow.
- Experience successfully working in a start-up environment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.