Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Complete forensic studies for projects and are responsible for ensuring the most effective and efficient utilization of materials. Forensic engineering skills are a must.
- Assess the potential impact of a project on the environment and for managing each project in accordance with health and safety legislation.
- Act as liaison with the client throughout the project to update them on progress and will also resolve any issues that may arise to ensure that budgets and deadlines are achieved.
- Perform other project tasks involving site investigation, evaluation of permitting requirements, evaluation of environmental conditions, and determination as well as interpretation of current and future state and federal promulgated regulations for alternative energy projects and civil land development projects.
- Perform engineering and environmental consulting services, including design and permitting services, and environmental compliance evaluations.
- Provide engineering services including development of civil engineering drawings and/or diagrams, reviewing and modifying CAD drawings for preparation of permit applications for industrial processes.
- BS Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering with 5 years experience, PE/EIT preferred
- Structural engineering background desired
- Experience in materials sciences a plus
- Must have project lead experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent mathematics skills and problem solving abilities
- Experience with budget management required
- Direct experience in conducting permitting and analyses for the preparation of various state permits is also desirable.
- State certification in permitting for alternative energy regulations and or civil land development is desirable.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training and current 8-hour refresher training is also desirable.